Saturday, June 04, 2005

what a great way to approach life.........

Twenty-Four Brand-New Hours
Every morning, when we wake up, we have twenty-four brand-new hours to live. What a precious gift! We have the capacity to live in a way that these twenty-four hours will bring peace, joy, and happiness to ourselves and others.
< http://www.thedailylama.com/Lib/007.html >

now how do we translate that into everyday actions & affairs?
that might be the hard part.....unless we live fully conscious

now how do I do that...................how does anyone?

personally here is what I do....................
I clean my space.....less clutter means less around to bog my mind down in the morass of mess

I also try to sleep well .........lately that has been a challenge & we'll see how that shakes out in the next week

excercise.......well I've been having a walk, it's not much but I'm moving

sunshine.....there was a report last year that indicated that we need at least 20 minuts of good sunshine (no sunblock allowed for full benefit) each day for better emotional, mental & physical health, so I'm sitting in the sunshine for a while every day..................

water.........drink more, wash self daily (and I bought a snap pool.................so I'll be soaking up the sunshine this weekend on a floaty in the kiddie pool in my backyard..pretending that I'm on a beach somewhere)

meditation...........see floaty thing above......that is meditation (of a sort)

talk to family & friends..................often.................keep the lines open for good communitcation, doesn't need to be BIG talks, just daily stuff is imprtant to share as well, it keeps us connected

and that's what I try to do to live consciously

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment