Saturday, August 06, 2005

floors

floors are the foundations of a room
if the floor covering is icky & ugly & old
then the room becomes an uncomfortable place to be
so I'm re-doing the floor in my spare room
the carpet was gastly nasty
tore that all up
sealed the cracks in the concrete floor
&
now I'm re-surfacing it
the concrete color isn't the most consistant
but that's mostly me since I'm just pouring it into the water for the concrete till it looks ok
the new floor is very tactile
which is kind of nice
and the color is working out mostly ok
we'll see in another coupla' sections
if there is a pattern happening or not
I can always paint it after it's all new
kind of a metaphor for ourselves
we can un-cover & then
re-cover
re-surface
re-seal
re-state
re-paint
re-heal
re-lease
& it's always at our foundation where the work starts

No comments:

Post a Comment