Thursday, May 18, 2006

real life

strategies for creating the life of your dreams...

one woman decided not to buy a single article of clothing for a year, which is oddly inspiring to me.

one woman decided to matching her values with her time as a daily practice.

these are simple things to work on, commitment is all that is required
(& maybe a two good pairs of shoes at the start of the year so you don't have to buy any during the next 365 days)

when I got my new position in September, it very quickly became an all consuming issue...
my life, house, health and realtionships began to get short-shrift.
my commitment is to balance work with life stuff better.

to that end I am taking vacation in July and August
I am doing a little bit of yoga every morning
I am doing a daily meditation, even if just for ten minutes
& I am spending more time around the house, with my sweetie, making our home a refuge, a safe comfortable place to be in together.
what can you do to create the life ofyour dreams?

2 comments:

  1. My dearest friend, it is so good to see you posting and to feel your gentle presence once again in the blogosphere!

    I think that I have forgotten what it is to dream....

    Or perhaps I have just finished a decade that involved letting go of childish things and now I am ready to dream bigger, more amazing dreams?

    Either way, I'm going to ponder your question as I cross the 2000 miles that have separated me from my estranged father.

    I want to partner with God and create the life of our dreams. I'm just not sure what that life will look like...but I do hope to live it one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To create the life of my dreams, I might have to claim a "do over" such as we did in grade school gym class.

    I would have to define my "values" into something concrete and not abstract ideals.

    ReplyDelete