Saturday, September 10, 2005

where I am

Stand in the place where you are
(Now face North)
Stand in the place where you are
(Now face West)
Your feet are going to be on the ground
(Stand in the place where you are)
Your head is there to move you around,
so stand
.
~~~~~~~~~~~R.E.M. "Stand"

this song by R.E.M. has been in my head for most of the week.
so often we are not looking at where we are
we look at where we think we should be,
where we think we ought to be,
where we aren't.

I'm looking around at where I am
& I like it.

I have new places to go,
new jobs to tackle,
new goals to achieve,
but where I am ....
right now...
at this moment...
is good.
my head is there to turn me around
should I need it
& this week I did
& went with my head where it looked...
at a better place for me to be.
so here I am.
here I will be.
this is where I stand.


2 comments:

  1. From Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu (2500 years ago)

    Thirty-three

    Knowing others is wisdom;
    Knowing the self is enlightenment.
    Mastering others requires force;
    Mastering the self needs strength.

    He who knows he has enough is rich.
    Perseverance is a sign of willpower.
    He who stays where he is endures.
    To die but not to perish is to be eternally present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this blog entry...so often, you amaze and delight me! Thanks Debb!

    ReplyDelete