Thursday, July 21, 2005

purple part deux

so I get to go for part 2 of the gum surgery today........

not overly excited about this...........especially as the doc mentioned 'shaping' the previous gum graft........................so does this mean both sides of my mouth will be numbe & sore & PURPLE for days?

guess we get to find out in a couple of hours...............maybe I should take & post a pic this time........................

I do like the way the 1st graft took......and I lost a bit of the weight that I wanted to (eating only the very softest & luke-warm foods very slowly will do that)

and I'll be keeping my teeth for a good long time.............so it's worth it & not a vanity thing...a health thing..........vanity would be a boob job, teeth are for health.................

no really
read about it
here:
http://www.breathcleaner.com/TIPS_gums.html

It is important to know that research has shown that people with gum disease are twice as likely to suffer from heart disease. Several theories explain this link. For example, oral bacteria may enter the blood stream and intensify fatty plaque formation in the coronary arteries. Gum disease also increases the amount of fibrinogen (a potent natural clotting agent in the blood stream). That would increase the chance of blood clots and a stroke.

and here:
http://my.webmd.com/content/article/104/107269.htm
Gum disease does more than endanger your teeth and gums. It can also lead to and worsen far more dangerous ills.


so I'm keeping my health by keeping my teeth

and I can smile more & better with healthy gums which makes the day just go by all that much more happily

No comments:

Post a Comment