Sunday, September 24, 2006

traveling

I got to go to Atlanta for work this week

it is a wonderful city
I was there nearly 25 years ago when in college for a biology field trip
(yikes - am I that old already!?!?!)
and it is still a joy to visit

the people are friendly.
the MARTA is clean and easy to use.
the whole place is so very green and humid...
not swimming in air humid, but moist (to a desert dweller)

and did I mention GREEN...

I found out that my work place is nearly 15 years behind industry standard --
we have a lot of catching up to do
but it will make the job we do
faster
time efficient
less expensive
easier

that is the biggest thing to me
easier
if things are easier then you get a bigger 'buy-in' from the folks that really matter:
co-workers (faster in-&-out)
management (altho they like the 'cost-less' bit)
inspectors (re: "industry standard")

it is a Win-Win-Win situation

now if only my legs would have carried me around the city a bit more

Atlanta has a world-class aquarium,
a wonderful art museum and art school,
CNN (a huge and wonderful news center),
a zoo & botanical gaarden that is amazing,
and numerous Civil War historical sites to see.

and I had no energy
no Umph
no ability to get out & about to see any of it

We have a trip scheduled to go back in the next year -
my hubby & I together
to see those sites
to be a real visitor
to visit the South
to enjoy

thank you Atlanta
& esp. the folks at Northside (you know who you are)
for making this a wonderful visit -- even if it was all work for me

No comments:

Post a Comment